Here’s what I’m loving right now, and what I’m filling my virtual (huge, wonderful) boots with.
• this beautiful coral jersey scarf that doubles as a summer head scarf – by EcoShag here
• this incredibly heartwarming story of a pregnant mother who saved an abandoned baby’s life by breastfeeding
• thinking about a whole pile of new fabric designs I’d like to create, and realizing this great DIY on how to make fabric labels using Spoonflower might be a little bit more practical – would love to have a slightly different label on items like Waldorf dolls and clothing…
• Jeremy Miranda. Especially this one – library at the sea.
• Still chuckling over last night’s “Who’s that singer? John Melon TigerCamp…”
• More arugula + garlic scape + olive oil + salt pesto. Thinking about canning some for the winter.
• Realizing that this drought is really bad. The worst since 1965 here in Ottawa, and no rain is slated to come anytime soon. Wondering how the local harvests will be. Feeling grateful for the little bit of lettuce still growing, not going to seed, in a shady corner of our garden.
• Doing some deeper thinking about worrying vs. concern and positive thinking. And how to be more useful, to myself & others.
• Loving these fleeting days of having a little guy racing around the house on his new “I’ve been walking for 10 days and I still look like I’m drunk” legs. I hope the days of sweet goodnight kisses (2, sometimes 3 rounds!!) are not fleeting.